Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Cloud of Witnesses

I have been musing lately about the cloud of witnesses. The ones who have gone before us. The ones who carried the torch on the earth; the life of Jesus Christ in them, outside of the establishment. I am reading a book about a saint named Bakht Singh. I feel a great kinship with him. I know that he is a brother, one of the witnesses. I have a sense of being surrounded by him and the others that make up the cloud, these saints who are kin. They keep me pressing on, moving toward the goal of the high, deep calling of our Lord Jesus. They remind me that my trials and pain are not unique. They are part and parcel of Him inside of us. They are part of his suffering in us, for he is the living one in us. (I once saw someone in a movie move out of his body, and stand apart to look at himself. I was fascinated. The new him was transparent. He left the old him behind.) When I step out of my falleness, I see him as the only one alive. All else is gone. Jesus! I am so happy to be a part of the great cloud. The one that Jesus has come in. More to come as I muse on.......

3 comments:

Kim said...

Amen sister! It is all about the big picture. Or rather our true reality in Him. Thanks for the focus. Looking forward to more.

Love ya.

Sarah said...

keep musing on! Good stuff, mom.

Jada's Gigi said...

All those who have gone before us..sometimes i can almost hear them cheering us on...